2021 Scholarship Opportunity
Shattering Glass Ceilings Scholarship will again be awarding scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year to women who are first-generation college students. All applicants must be currently enrolled at an institution of higher learning and have a bill showing that they are paying for at least part of their tuition out-of-pocket or through loans. Shattering Glass Ceilings Scholarship will send scholarship funds directly to the school, and the funds may only be applied to tuition for the 2021-2022 academic year. The institution must be based in the U.S., be a non-profit, and may include a college, university, community college, or technical college.
We are happy to announce that we are planning to award ten scholarships, worth up to $1000, depending upon the student’s eligibility. In addition, Kerosene Lamp Foundation will award a scholarship in honor of Dr. Tonya Gscheidle Henderson, a first-generation college student, who embodied the vision behind Shattering Glass Ceilings Scholarship.
We have moved to an online application this year (see link below). Applications must be submitted by September 30, 2021. Please direct your questions to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2021 cycle, award recipients must agree to and meet the following criteria.
- Identify as a woman and be 28 years old or younger
- Be a first-generation college student (the first person in your immediate family to attend college)
- Complete the attached scholarship application and eligibility verification form
- Provide a 250-word personal statement about why you are pursuing a higher education, which may be edited by our team and used in-full or in-part on our website
- In a timely manner, submit any requested documents needed to allow us to ensure scholarship eligibility
- When requested, provide a photo, basic information to be shared on our website
- Remain in good standing at your institution and complete a brief questionnaire for updates
The 2021 scholarship application is closed.