2020 Scholarship Opportunity
Shattering Glass Ceilings Scholarship will again be awarding scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year to women who are first-generation college students. All applicants must be currently enrolled at an institution and have a bill showing that they are paying for at least part of their tuition out-of-pocket or through loans. Shattering Glass Ceilings Scholarship will send scholarship funds directly to the school, and the funds may only be applied to tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year. The institution must be based in the U.S., be a non-profit, and may include a college, university, community college, or technical college.
We are happy to announce that we are increasing the number of scholarships this year and plan to award twenty, $1000 scholarships.
Applications should be submitted by September 15, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2020 cycle, award recipients must agree to and meet the following criteria.
- Identify as a female and be 28 years old or younger
- Be a first-generation college student (the first person in your immediate family to attend college)
- Complete the attached scholarship application
- Provide a 250-word personal statement about why you are pursuing a higher education, which may be edited by our team and used in-full or in-part on our website
- In a timely manner, sign any documents needed to allow us to ensure scholarship eligibility
- Remain in good standing at your institution and complete a brief questionnaire for updates