2022 Scholarship Opportunity – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 23!
Shattering Glass Ceilings Scholarship will again be awarding scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year to women who are first-generation college students. All applicants must be currently enrolled at an institution of higher learning and have a bill showing that they are paying for at least part of their tuition out-of-pocket or through loans. Shattering Glass Ceilings Scholarship will send scholarship funds directly to the school, and the funds may only be applied to tuition for the 2022-2023 academic year. The institution must be based in the U.S., be a non-profit, and may include a college, university, community college, or technical college.
We are happy to announce that we are planning to award ten scholarships, worth up to $1000 each, depending upon the student’s eligibility. One scholarship will be made in honor of Dr. Tonya Gscheidle Henderson, a first-generation college student, who embodied the vision behind Shattering Glass Ceilings Scholarship.
All applications must be submitted via our online application and be received by September 23, 2022. Please direct your questions to Emily at email@example.com.
For the 2022 cycle, award recipients must agree to and meet the following criteria.
- Identify as a woman and be between the ages of 18 and 28 years old
- Be a first-generation college student (the first person in your immediate family to attend college)
- Complete the linked scholarship application (see below), eligibility verification form, and a 250-word personal statement about why you are pursuing a higher education (note: the personal statement may be edited by our team and used in-full or in-part on our website)
- In a timely manner, submit any requested documents needed to allow us to ensure scholarship eligibility
- When requested, provide a photo and basic biographic information to be shared on our website
- Remain in good standing at your institution and complete a brief questionnaire for updates
2022 Scholarship Application